An application has been submitted to the Planning and Development Department to erect a new Bulk Storage and Handling Facility at the Mighty Grynner Highway, St. Michael:
The Facility will support the import, export and storage of bulk commodities including but not limited to grains, feeds, oils, gases, lumber, steel and construction aggregates, through the Port of Bridgetown. It is a critical national priority as local sand quarries have reached their limit. It is envisaged that this facility would comprise the following:
- 660m of new deep water berth (12.5m draught);
- Protection of inner harbour from large waves especially from the north;
- Creation of 4.5 hectares of new bulk storage area to be subdivided to meet the needs of its tenants;
- Creation of 2.9 hectares of parking (280 cars) and public lands inclusive of 1.8 hectares of enhanced beachfront;
- Mitigation of traffic congestion by installation of a strategically placed round-a-bout and pedestrian overpass
The application file can be viewed online at the Department’s website at www.townplanning.gov.bb or at the Department in the Warrens Office Complex, Warrens, St. Michael. Any person wishing to object to the application should do so no less than 14 clear days after the date on which the information is first published on the website. This information should be submitted to the Planning Department by email firstname.lastname@example.org or letter addressed to the Director, Planning and Development Department. All objections must include specific grounds of objection, the application number, the name, address and email of the person objecting and signed by the person making the objection.
Along with our agent, C.O. Williams Construction Ltd., Barbados Port Inc. remains available to share any further information required.
Kindly contact Managing Director, Mr. David Jean-Marie at email@example.com, copied to Mr. Kenneth Atherley, Advisor, Projects & Port Operations at firstname.lastname@example.org or 230-6185 to address any project related queries and concerns.
Further details on the proposed project will be shared at a public meeting, the date and time to be announced.
Barbados Port Inc.
Application Number: 0304/03/2022A