Barbados Port Inc. (BPI) offers scheduled, guided tours of the Port of Bridgetown to students aged 7+ years, associations, social clubs, corporate and individual groups.
Port tours are:
- Open to the public
- Available by appointment only
- Strictly conducted by tour bus (No walking tours allowed)
- Limited to a maximum of 30 persons per tour bus
- Limited to a duration of one hour
- Commenced at 10.00 am promptly
The School/Institution/Group is required to arrange its own tour bus.
The tour will be conducted in ONE vehicle, with restricted debarkation for one photo stop on location only.
BPI provides a Tour Guide, who will meet the vehicle at the Main Gate of the Port.
What We Cover
Tours of the Port combine knowledge sharing with a fun experience. Participants will visit among other sites:
- The Pelican Island Monument
- Bridgetown Cruise Terminal
- Cruise Transfer Terminal
- Cargo Sheds 2 and 4
- Shallow Draught Facility
- Reefer Container Park
Information & Security Requirements
All persons seeking to arrange a tour of the port are required to observe the guidelines below:
- Submit tour requests a letter via email to the Business Development & Strategy Department, Attention: Ms. Yvonne Thompson at email@example.com.
- Ensure the letter reaches Barbados Port Inc. at least two weeks prior to the date requested for the tour.
- The letter must include:
- The number of persons who will be on tour
- The name, contact number and email of the tour organiser
- The name, contact number and valid driver’s license of the driver of the tour bus
- Confirmation of the tour will be sent via return email to the organiser named in the letter.
- The organiser must then complete the Request for Port Entry application via https://barbadosport.com/request-port-entry providing all details requested, including the national identification numbers of the organizer and the driver who will be on tour.
- On approval, a QR code will be sent via return email, which must be presented to Security Personnel at the main Gate to gain entry.
- All adults 18+ years on tour must present valid photo identification to facilitate entry.
No unaccompanied minors will be allowed Port entry.