Construction of the new, expanded Shallow Draught Marina is one of the transformative infrastructure projects as outlined in the Barbados Port Inc. Masterplan 2020-2030.
To improve the marina slip availability in Barbados to meet demand and provide a haven for pleasure craft and commercial tourism vessels.
This project comprises of the following:
- Construction of an additional 70 berths
- Construction of a commercial building
- Storage facilities for boat owners/operators
- Construction of a fish and farmer’s market
- Construction of a minimart
- Construction of a fuel dock
- Construction of a new Roll On/Roll Off dock for ferry and inter-island schooner services
- Construction of wave attenuation structures to improve conditions during the swell periods.
Beneficiaries: Yacht & pleasure craft owners; entrepreneurs
Start date: February 2022
Duration: 24 months
Financiers: IDB Invest
Main contractor: Preconco
Supervisory Engineer: CASSE Engineering