As a critical link in the supply chain, Barbados Port Inc continues to facilitate the entry of goods into the island.
Our nation is depending on us to ensure food, medical, household and other critical supplies necessary to fight COVID-19 that are arriving by sea, make their way through the chain to meet our collective needs.
To reduce the risks to our employees, customers and others interacting with the port however, the following measures have been enacted to facilitate business while limiting personal contact:
- For payments made in person to cashiers at the Administration Building, transactions will be limited to four persons at a time. Separate waiting areas have been designated. We do apologise if your wait is a little longer as a result of this change.
- Customers are encouraged to use electronic payment options available.
- I. Pre-payment accounts
- II. Direct deposits
To set up a pre-payment account:
- Send your request to Management Accountant, Ms. Keyshia Barrow via email at firstname.lastname@example.org, copied to email@example.com.
- An initial deposit amount will be agreed.
- On payment of the deposit, BPI will confirm receipt and set up your account.
- At set-up, you will be advised of your top-up requirements.
- Transactions will be processed only if funds are on the account.
For direct deposits:
Send requests for instructions to Management Accountant, Ms. Keyshia Barrow via email at firstname.lastname@example.org, copied to email@example.com.
If you or anyone in your immediate household have travelled within the last 14 days, or you are exhibiting any of the following symptoms: fever, coughing, shortness of breath, please do not come to the Port of Bridgetown.
You are reminded to follow the recommended protocols for personal hygiene and social distancing as advised by the Ministry of Health and Wellness.