Barbados Port Inc. offers scheduled, guided tours of the Port of Bridgetown to students aged 5 years and above, as well as business groups, associations, social clubs and individual groups.
PORT TOURS ARE:
- Open to the public
- Available by appointment only
- Commenced at 1000 hours (10.00 am) promptly
- Scheduled to last between one and two hours depending on the age of the participants and the purpose of the tour
- Usually held on a tour bus
- Limited to a maximum of 40 persons
The School/Institution/Group is required to arrange its own transportation/tour bus.
The tour will be conducted in ONE vehicle.
The Port provides a Tour Guide, who will meet the vehicle at the Main Gate of the Port.
What We Cover
Tours of the Port combine knowledge sharing and a fun experience. Participants will visit among other sites:
- The Pelican Island Monument
- Sugar Bulk Facility
- Bridgetown Cruise Terminal
- Cruise Transfer Terminal
- Cargo Sheds 2 and 4
- Shallow Draught Facility
- Reefer Container Park
Security & Information Requirements
All Schools/Institutions/Groups seeking to arrange a tour of the port are required to adhere to the following guidelines:
Start by placing a call to the Market Development & Cruise Operations Department (434-6100 Ext 4211) to book a tentative tour date.
On receipt of a tentative date, send a letter addressed to the Manager, Security Services, Barbados Port Inc., University Row, Bridgetown, requesting permission to tour the Port.
The letter must reach Barbados Port Inc. at least one week prior to the date requested for the tour and must include:
- the tour date requested
- a list of all persons who will be on tour
- The national identification numbers of all persons who will be on tour
- the name, contact number, national Identification number and address of the driver of the tour bus
Confirmation of the tour will be communicated to the contact person named in the letter by way of a follow up call from the Market Development & Cruise Operations Department.
If you are 18 years old or older, you will need to bring your driver’s license or national identification. If you do not bring one of these forms of photo identification with you on the day of the tour, you will not be allowed to enter. If you are younger than 18, your parent, guardian or another designated adult such as a teacher must accompany you.