The successful candidate will report to the Systems Administrator, Management Information Systems.
Under the supervision of the Systems Administrator, the successful candidate will be required to provide support in configuring, designing, maintaining and installing networked systems and will assist with computer configurations and installations for all end users.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Preforming start up and shut down procedures on servers.
- Preforming daily backups.
- Monitoring system logs.
- Installing and configuring the configuring the company's computer hardware, operating systems and applications.
- Maintaining and supporting computers, networks and systems.
- Diagnosing and solving hardware or software faults.
- Testing and evaluating new technology.
- Responding to call-outs in the timely fashion.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
The candidate must have:
- Associate degree in Information Systems.
- CompTIA A+.
- Minimum of one (1) years's experience working in a similar capacity.
- Valid Driver's license (Light Goods).
- Ability to organize and prioritize own work.
- Ability to work in teams.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Ability to adopt and be proficients in new software and hardware.
- Ability to provide application support.
- Ability to troubleshoot and solve hardware and software systems faults in a timely manner.
- Ability to train customers to use technology.
- Skilled at network routing, installation and patch cable construction.
Salary and Benefits will be in accordance with the Port's policy.
Applications and resumes should be sent no later than Friday, March 27th, 2020,1630 hours to:
Manager, Human Resources
Barbados Port Inc.
Email with caption - Management Information Systems Support Technician to firstname.lastname@example.org
ONLY SUITABLE APPLICATIONS WILL BE ACKNOWLEDGED