Barbados Port Inc. is inviting applications for the post of MANAGER, SECURITY SERVICES
The Manager, Security Services is responsible for:
- Administering the Office of the Security Department and creating policies necessary to promote the effective and efficient performance of its responsibilities.
- Reducing all security vulnerabilities in the Bridgetown Port and promoting protection from criminal activity including Terrorism, Sabotage and all forms of transnational and organized crime.
- Managing all aspects of port security operations, coordination of security activities between the port and visiting ships, and security training of all Port personnel.
The Manager, Security Services must be able to represent the Port in national, regional and international forums on issues related to maritime security, as required.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Maintaining and updating the Port Security Plan in keeping with the International Ship and Port Facility Security (ISPS) Code requirements and international standards.
- Providing strategic goals and direction for the Port’s security programme.
- Performing management and oversight of security personnel and operations.
- Developing and implementing security policies and procedures.
- Developing annual security budget data.
- Performing liaison activities with Customs, Defence, Intelligence, and law enforcement departments to ensure proper coordination of information sharing and maritime security incident response activities.
- Directing investigations and reporting security incidents in accordance with International Ship and Port Facility Security (ISPS) Code requirements and guidance received from the Contracting Government.
- Liaising with Divisional Managers to ensure that approved Port Policies and Procedures are being implemented and followed by operating personnel.
- Conducting inspections of the Port’s buildings and property to verify that access to the Port is properly controlled.
- Ensuring that all security measures are being followed by both Security Division staff as well as operating personnel.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- A Degree in Law or Criminology, Psychology, Business Administration, or acceptable professional training in security and security administration
- A minimum of ten (10) years’ experience at a Managerial level in a security force or military institution.
- Experience in maritime and cruise ship security operations and training would be an asset.
- Ability to manage subordinate staff efficiently and effectively.
- Good inter-personal skills.
- Good communication skills.
- Literacy in Security technology.
Salary and Benefits will be in accordance with the Port’s Policy.
Applications should be submitted in a sealed envelope, which must bear the words:
Private and Confidential
Application for Manager, Security Services
The Chief Executive Officer
Barbados Port Inc.
Applications must be submitted no later than 1600 hours on Wednesday, June 30, 2021.
ONLY SUITABLE APPLICATIONS WILL BE ACKNOWLEDGED