Barbados Port Inc. is inviting applications for the post of CIVIL ENGINEER.
The Civil Engineer is responsible for overseeing and coordinating construction projects, property management and maintenance, operation of the incinerator as well as the development of the Port's businesses and activities to generate revenue.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manages the Property Management, Maintenance & Projects Department.
- Produces an Annual Budget based on the Department's objectives.
- Acts as "Engineering-in-Charge" of civil engineering design for Port projects, develops design procedures, interprets the application of design criteria and coordinates designs with Electrical/Mechanical and Environmental staff.
- Performs field inspections to guide design efforts and to support construction projects, evaluates site conditions and investigates complaints regarding existing conditions of all Port facilities.
- Prepares project plans, monitors the respective infrastructure projects to ensure they remain within budget and on schedule and satisfy all legal and regulatory requirements.
- Manages the design of Port facilities projects; participates in soliciting, evaluating and selecting consultants; administers professional service agreements with engineering and other professional consultants.
- Acts as resident engineer on large and complex maritime and construction projects: oversees or administers construction contacts; coordinates capital improvement projects with contractors, utility companies and other agencies.
- Checks project plans and specifications for accuracy of design and completeness.
- Coordinates technical permits and business needs aspects of work with other Port departments involved with assigned projects and property maintenance.
- Supervises contractors' performance in conformity to occupational safety and health standards, company policies and procedures.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Civil or Structural Engineering or any related discipline from an accredited institution.
- A minimum of five (5) years of postgraduate work experience in the specified field of Engineering is required.
- Project Management Professional (PMP) Certification.
- Registration with the Engineers Registration Board in accordance with the Engineers (Registration) Act, 1975 - 11 and as amended by the Engineers (Registration) (Amendment) Act, 1976-2 Barbados.
- Excellent communication and analytical skills.
- Sound judgement and decision-making technique.
- Excellent leadership skills.
Salary and Benefits will be in accordance with the Port's policy.
DEADLINE FOR SUBMISSION OF APPLICATIONS
Applications and résumés should be submitted via email no later than February 28th, 2021, 16:30 hours to:
Manager, Human Resources
Barbados Port Inc.
Email with caption - Civil Engineering to: email@example.com
ONLY SUITABLE APPLICATIONS WILL BE ACKNOWLEDGED