Barbados Port Inc. is inviting applications for the post of ENGINEER
The Engineer provides managerial, mechanical, electrical and marine engineering support for the short and long-term maintenance, repair and upgrade of the Port’s equipment.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Providing engineering services to the various operating divisions within the Port inclusive of but not limited to mechanical, marine, electronic, electrical and air-conditioning equipment.
- Planning and directing the installation, operation and maintenance of mechanical, marine, electronic, electrical, air-conditioning and refrigeration equipment.
- Designing maintenance programmes and systems for all electronic, electrical, air-conditioning and refrigeration equipment including all Port owned and operated properties.
- Assisting in ensuring that the regulatory requirements governing the operation and certification of all Port equipment are adhered to.
- Establishing and administering maintenance schedules for all mechanical, marine, electrical and air-condition systems operated by the Port including street lighting, lighthouses and navigational lights/aids.
- Ensuring the Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS) is kept up to date, and utilizes this information in the planning the maintenance of all Port equipment.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Mechanical, Electrical or Marine Engineering from an accredited university or institution.
- A minimum of five (5) years relevant work experience.
- Registration with the Engineers Registration Board in accordance with the Engineers (Registration) Act, 1975 ‐ 11 and as amended by the Engineers (Registration) (Amendment) Act, 1976‐2 Barbados.
- Excellent communication and analytical skills.
- Sound judgement and decision-making technique.
- Excellent leadership skills.
Salary and Benefits will be in accordance with the Port’s policy.
Applications and résumés should be submitted via email no later than Friday, September 18th, 2020, 1630 hours to:
Manager, Human Resources
Barbados Port Inc.
Email with caption – Engineer to: firstname.lastname@example.org
ONLY SUITABLE APPLICATIONS WILL BE ACKNOWLEDGED