The successful candidate will report to the Chief Executive Officer.
The Manager, Security Services/Port Facility Security Officer is:
Responsible to the Chief Executive Officer for administering the Office of the Security Department and creating policies necessary to promote the effective and efficient performance of its responsibilities.
Responsible for the reduction of all security vulnerabilities in the Bridgetown Port and promoting protection from criminal activity including Terrorism, Sabotage and all forms of transnational and organized crime.
Responsible for the management and oversight of all aspects of port security operations, coordination of security activities between the port and visiting ships, and security training of all port personnel.
As required, the Manager, Security Services/Port Facility Security Officer must be able to represent the Port at organizations such as the Maritime Security Council, and in regional, national and international forums on maritime security.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Providing strategic goals and direction for the Port’s security programme.
- Performing management and oversight of security personnel and operations.
- Developing and implementing security policies and procedures.
- Developing annual security budget data for submission to the Chief Executive Officer.
- Performing liaison activities with Customs, Defence, Intelligence, and law enforcement departments to ensure proper coordination of information sharing and maritime security incident response activities.
- Functioning in the capacity of Port Facility Security Officer.
- Maintaining and updating the Port Security Plan in keeping with the International Ship and Port Facility Security (ISPS) Code requirements and international standards.
- Directing investigations and reporting security incidents in accordance with International Ship and Port Facility Security (ISPS) Code requirements and guidance received from the Contracting Government.
- Liaising with the Manager, Terminal Operations and the appropriate Divisional Managers to ensure that approved Port Policies and Procedures are being implemented and followed by operating personnel.
- Conducting from time to time inspections of the Port’s buildings and property to verify that access to the Port is properly controlled. Ensuring by similar spot checks, that all security measures are being followed by both Security Division staff as well as operating personnel.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- A Degree in Law or Criminology, Psychology, Business Administration, or acceptable professional training in security and security administration
- Adequate successful experience, normally a minimum of ten (10) years at a Managerial level in a security force or military institution.
- Experience in maritime and cruise ship security operations and training would be an asset.
The successful candidate must be able to consistently demonstrate the following competencies:
- Ability to manage subordinate staff efficiently and effectively.
- Good inter-personal skills.
- Good communication skills.
- Literacy in Security technology.
Salary and Benefits will be in accordance with the Port’s Policy.
Applications are to be submitted in a sealed envelope, which must bear the words “Private and Confidential” and shall be addressed to:
The Chief Executive Officer
Barbados Port Inc.
no later than 1600 hours on Tuesday, January 28, 2020.
ONLY SUITABLE APPLICATIONS WILL BE ACKNOWLEDGED