Pelican Island, which was located about 600 yards from the mainland, was incorporated into the construction of the Deep Water Harbour?
The Deep Water Harbour was built by local Barbadian labour working under the supervision of technical experts from Britain?
The final stone block in the breakwater at the Bridgetown Harbour was laid on July 23, 1960, by the Premier of Barbados, Dr. Hugh Cummins?
The Bridgetown Port, previously known as the Deep Water Harbour or the Bridgetown Harbour, was opened on May 6, 1961, by Sir Grantley Adams, then Prim
In 1978, the Port added another 6.5 hectares of land through a land reclamation project?
In January 1979, the Barbados Port Authority was established?
The ‘workhorse of the project’ to construct the Deep Water Harbour was a complicated, but especially effective piece of machinery called a cutter suct
Residents from the Fontabelle area and surrounding districts suffered many sleepless nights as a result of the endless noise produced by the cutter su
Stone and rubble to build the Deep Water Harbour was blasted from the quarry at Bagatelle Plantation?
For more than 300 years, Bridgetown was a port of call for ships operating in the Eastern Caribbean?
The first ship to officially enter the newly constructed Bridgetown Harbour was the S S Diplomat?
Work on the construction of the Deep Water Harbour commenced in June 1957?

Did You Know?

Residents from the Fontabelle area and surrounding districts suffered many sleepless nights as a result of the endless noise produced by the cutter su